Overview of Lambda Literary Awards
You are not logged in. If you
create a free account
and sign in, you will be able to customize what is displayed.
- Short Name: Lambda
Award Type Record # 29
- Full Name: Lambda Literary Awards
- Awarded For: Works which celebrate or explore lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender themes
- Awarded By: Lambda Literary Foundation
- Poll: No
- Covers more than just SF: No
- Webpages: lambdaliterary.org, Science Fiction Awards Database, Wikipedia-EN
Note: Thematic Award (LGBT). The Lambda Literary Awards are awarded yearly by the US-based Lambda Literary Foundation to published works which celebrate or explore LGBT themes. To qualify, a book must have been published in the United States in the year current to the award. The Lambda Literary Foundation states that its mission is "to celebrate LGBT literature and provide resources for writers, readers, booksellers, publishers, and librarians - the whole literary community."
In the categories that recognized both mystery and speculative fiction work and the general categories, only spec-fic titles should be entered into the database.
Copyright (c) 1995-2018 Al von Ruff.
ISFDB Engine - Version 4.00 (04/24/06)