Overview of Mythopoeic Award
You are not logged in. If you
create a free account
and sign in, you will be able to customize what is displayed.
- Short Name: Mythopoeic
Award Type Record # 30
- Full Name: Mythopoeic Award
- Awarded For: Fantasy exemplifying "the spirit of the Inklings"
- Awarded By: Committee of Mythopoeic Society members
- Poll: No
- Covers more than just SF: No
- Webpages: mythsoc.org, Science Fiction Awards Database, Wikipedia-EN
Note: Sub-Genre Award (Fantasy). The Mythopoeic Awards for literature and literary studies are given by the Mythopoeic Society to authors of outstanding works in the fields of myth, fantasy, and the scholarly study of these areas. Criteria include works that exemplify "the spirit of the Inklings"—i.e., the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Charles Williams. Eligibility includes reissues, such as paperbacks, where earlier editions were not finalists. The period of eligibility for Scholarship Awards (for nonfiction) is three years, including finalists (but not winners) from previous years.
Copyright (c) 1995-2016 Al von Ruff.
ISFDB Engine - Version 4.00 (04/24/06)