- Short Name: Sunburst
- Full Name: The Sunburst Award for Excellence in Canadian Literature of the Fantastic
- Awarded For: Speculative fiction by a Canadian
- Awarded By: Panel of judges authorized by The Sunburst Award Society Administration Committee
- Poll: No
- Covers more than just SF: No
- Webpages: Science Fiction Awards Database, sunburstaward.org, Wikipedia-EN
Note: National Award. A juried award given for a speculative fiction novel or book-length collection by a Canadian. The name of the award comes from the title of the first novel by Phyllis Gotlieb, Sunburst (1964). Uses the broadest possible definition of speculative fiction for eligibility purposes: "science fiction, fantasy, magic realism, horror, surrealism, le fantastique, myth and legend, fantastical storytelling, and any other writing beyond the strictly realistic". Only Canadian citizens and landed immigrants are eligible, however there are no Canadian residency requirements, and three of the five awards presented to date have gone to expatriates (Stewart, Doctorow, Ryman).