- Short Name: Sidewise
- Full Name: Sidewise Awards for Alternate History
- Awarded For: Alternative history
- Awarded By: Panel of judges
- Poll: No
- Covers more than just SF: No
- Webpages: Science Fiction Awards Database, uchronia.net, Wikipedia-EN
Note: Sub-Genre Award (Alternative History). This award recognizes the best alternate history stories and novels of the year. The awards take their name from the 1934 short story "Sidewise in Time" by Murray Leinster, in which a strange storm causes portions of Earth to swap places with their analogs from other timelines. Award categories are as follows: Short-Form (works under 60,000 words); Long-Form (works longer than 60,000 words, including both novels or complete series); Special Achievement Award (in recognition of works that were published prior to the award's inception).