- Short Name: Schwartz
- Full Name: Ruth and Sylvia Schwartz Children's Book Award
- Awarded For: Canadian children's literature
- Awarded By: Panel of young readers from an Ontario public school
- Poll: No
- Covers more than just SF: Yes
- Webpages: arts.on.ca, bookcentre.ca, ontarioartsfoundation.on.ca
Note: National Award. This prize recognizes authors and illustrators who demonstrate artistic excellence in Canadian children's literature. Winning books are selected by juries of children from a public school in Ontario. This award is not specific to speculative fiction, but several speculative fictions books have won this award. As such, we have included links to books only for those years in which the award was given to a work of speculative fiction. Called "The Ruth Schwartz Children's Book Award" from 1976-2003, when the name was changed to include Sylvia. Originally there was only a single category. Since 1994 awards have been given for both "Picture Book" and "YA-Middle Reader". ISFDB includes only the second category here. This award is not included in the "Science Fiction Awards Database".