- Short Name: BFA
- Full Name: British Fantasy Award
- Awarded For: Best fantasy works
- Awarded By: Members of the British Fantasy Society
- Poll: No
- Covers more than just SF: No
- Webpages: britishfantasysociety.co.uk, Science Fiction Awards Database, Wikipedia-EN
Note: Sub-Genre Award (Fantasy). Presented by the British Fantasy Society to honor works chosen based on a vote of Society members. Initially the Awards were collectively known as The August Derleth Fantasy Awards. As the Society grew, so the Awards widened their scope: besides the Best Novel and Short Story sections there were Small Press, Art, Comic and Film categories. The BFS decided it should promote itself on a wider scale, and in 1976 the August Derleth Fantasy Awards became the British Fantasy Awards, with a proviso that the original section of Best Novel retain the August Derleth title. The Awards categories have changed over the years, with sections being introduced and dropped, as the focus of the Society's members changed.