Note: Title: Fantastic Story Quarterly/Fantastic Story Magazine Publisher: Best Books, Inc. Editors: Sam Merwin, Jr., Samuel Mines, Alexander Samalman Issues: 23 - the first five issues were titled Fantastic Story Quarterly. Note: The first four issues were published in a Canadian edition with identical contents by Better Pulications, Inc. of Canada Ltd., Toronto. From Tuck's Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy: This magazine began as a companion to Thrilling Wonder Stories and Startling Stories, taking over the role of reprinting material from the older Wonder Stories, etc. Such reprints had run regularly as "Hall of Fame" stories in Startling since its inception. FSM printed many original short stories. Most covers were painted by E. K. Bergey and A. Schomburg. At one time in the early 1950's it was the best selling of the Standard science fiction magazines. It ceased early in 1955 and was incorporated into Startling Stories.Bibliographic Comments: Add new Series comment
- Fantastic Story Magazine
(View Issue Grid)
- Fantastic Story Quarterly - 1950 (1950) [ED] by Sam Merwin, Jr.
- Fantastic Story Quarterly/Fantastic Story Magazine - 1951 (1951) [ED] by Sam Merwin, Jr.
- Fantastic Story Magazine - 1952 (1952) [ED] by Samuel Mines
- Fantastic Story Magazine - 1953 (1953) [ED] by Samuel Mines
- Fantastic Story Magazine - 1954 (1954) [ED] by Samuel Mines
- Fantastic Story Magazine - 1955 (1955) [ED] by Alexander Samalman