- Title: Frankenstein
- Authors: Mary Shelley
- Year: 1992-00-00
- ISBN-10: 0-312-04469-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-312-04469-5
- Publisher: Bedford Books of St. Martin's Press
- Pub. Series: Case Studies in Contemporary Criticism
- Price: $12.10
- Pages: x+358
- Binding: tp
- Type: NOVEL
- Title Reference: Frankenstein
- ISFDB Record Number: 14572
Notes: Reprint of Frankenstein with a collection of essays about the book edited by Johanna M. Smith.
Each of the essays on Frankenstein is preceded by a general essay by the editor on what that particular type of criticism is all about. Since those essays themselves are about "literary criticism", and not about Frankenstein per se, those essays are not included in the content listing.
First printing by number line.
"Published and distributed outside North America by Macmillan Pres ... ISBN 0-333-57557-1".
- Bibliographic Comments: Add new Publication comment (FRNKNSTNMR1991)
Contents (view Concise Listing)
- vii • About this Volume (Frankenstein) • essay by Johanna M. Smith
- 1 • Frankenstein • [Frankenstein] • (1818) • novel by Mary Shelley (variant of Frankenstein, or, The Modern Prometheus)
- 189 • A Critical History of "Frankenstein" • essay by Johanna M. Smith
- 215 • Reading with "Nicer Eye": Responding to ''Frankenstein'' • essay by Mary Lowe-Evans
- 245 • The Monster and the Imaginary Mother: A Lacanian Reading of ''Frankenstein'' • essay by David Collings
- 270 • "Cooped Up": Feminine Domesticity in ''Frankenstein'' • essay by Johanna M. Smith
- 300 • "The Workshop of Filthy Creation": A Marxist Reading of ''Frankenstein'' • essay by Warren Montag
- 325 • ''Frankenstein'' and the Cultural Uses of Gothic • essay by Lee E. Heller
- 343 • Glossary of Critical and Theoretical Terms • essay by Johanna M. Smith
|Primary||Verified by Chavey on 2011-07-25 01:21:00|
|Contento1 (anth/coll)||Not Verified|
|Bleiler1 (Gernsback)||Not Verified|
|Primary (Transient)||Not Verified|