- Publication: Extrapolation, December 1974 Publication Record # 325416 (View All Issues) (View Issue Grid)
- Editors: Thomas D. Clareson
- Date: 1974-12-00
- Publisher: College of Wooster
- Price: $1.75
- Pages: 100
- Format: digest?
- Type: MAGAZINE
- Container Title: Extrapolation - 1974 • [Extrapolation] • (1974) • edited by Thomas D. Clareson
Notes: Vol. 16, No. 1 "The Launching Pad" is uncredited, but is signed "T.D.C." at the end. It has been credited to Thomas D. Clareson for this record. The unsigned reviews starting on page 51 have also been assigned to Clareson, as they appear directly after his credited review. The mistitled essay on page 53 actually refers to the author "James Leslie Mitchell".
Contents (view Concise Listing)
- 3 • The Launching Pad (Extrapolation, December 1974) • essay by Thomas D. Clareson
- 7 • Chaucer's House of Fame: England's Earliest Science Fiction • essay by Michael R. Kelley
- 17 • An Innocent in Time: Mark Twain in King Arthur's Court • essay by William Tenn [as by Philip Klass]
- 33 • American at War: Horror Stories for a Society • essay by John Newman
- 42 • A Study of Utopia • essay by Patrick G. Hogan, Jr.
- 42 • Review: Aspects of Utopian Fiction by Jack I. Biles • review by Patrick G. Hogan, Jr.
- 45 • A Structuralist View of Fantasy • essay by S. C. Fredericks
- 45 • Review: The Fantastic: A Structural Approach to a Literary Genre by Tzvetan Todorov • review by S. C. Fredericks
- 48 • Richard McKenna's Science Fiction • essay by J. O. Bailey
- 48 • Review: Casey Agonistes and Other Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories by Richard McKenna • review by J. O. Bailey
- 49 • The Hyperion Reprint Series • essay by Thomas D. Clareson
- 51 • Review: Science Fiction: The Classroom in Orbit by Beverly Friend • review by Thomas D. Clareson
- 51 • Review: Sociology Through Science Fiction by John W. Milstead and Martin Harry Greenberg and Joseph D. Olander and Patricia Warrick • review by Thomas D. Clareson
- 52 • Review: Bibliography of Science Fiction by Roger D. Sween • review by Thomas D. Clareson
- 53 • The Science Fiction of John Leslie Mitchell • essay by Ian Campbell
- 64 • The Startled Muse: Emerson and Science Fiction • essay by Michael N. Stanton
- 67 • The Case in James Blish's A Case of Conscience • essay by Jo Allen Bradham
- 81 • Science Fiction as Fictive History • essay by Robert H. Canary
|Verifier||Date||Type||Last User Activity Date|
|Contento1 (anth/coll)||Not Verified|
|Bleiler1 (Gernsback)||Not Verified|