- Publication: Worlds of If, November-December 1974 [UK]Publication Record # 713718 (View All Issues) (View Issue Grid)
- Editor: James Baen
- Date: 1974-11-00
- Publisher: Universal-Tandem Publishing Company Ltd.
- Price: £0.30
- Pages: 164
Format: digest?Digest-size magazine, including both standard digest size, at about 7" by 4.5", and also large digest, such as recent issues of Asimov's, which are about 8.25" by 5.125".
- Type: MAGAZINE
- Vol. 22, No. 8, Issue No. 175
- Cover illustrates "Following Yonder Star"
- Published for distribution in the US and the UK. Interiors are identical. Covers are identical except for pricing. This UK cover and spine indicates this issue as "No. 6", along with the Tandem logo and "30p" on the cover.
- Titled Worlds of If Science Fiction on the cover and contents page. Titled If Science Fiction on the spine and If on the footer of even-numbered pages.
- Dated "December 1974" on the cover and spine. Dated "Nov.-Dec. 1974" on the contents page.
- No interior illustrations are explicitly credited. All credits deduced from signature and from the listing of artists on the contents page. Artists listed are Freff, Gaughan, Harting.
- No books are reviewed in "Reading Room". Lester del Rey, knowing that this is the last issue, uses the column to provide a concise history of the magazine.
- Richard C. Hoagland is credited as Dick Hoagland on the table of contents but correctly on the title page of his article.
- Richard E. Geis is credited as Dick Geis on the table of contents but correctly on the title page of his article.
Editor Title: Worlds of If [UK] - 1974 • [Worlds of If [UK]] • (1974) • edited by Jim Baen [as by James Baen]
Contents (view Concise Listing)
- 6 • Editorial (If, November-December 1974) • [If Essays] • essay by Jim Baen [as by Baen]
- 7 • The Descent of Man • short story by J. A. Lawrence
- 7 • The Descent of Man • interior artwork by Freff
- 16 • Stormy Weather • novelette by Daniel P. Dern [as by Daniel Dern]
- 16 • Stormy Weather • interior artwork by Freff
- 38 • Reading Room (If, November-December 1974) • [Reading Room] • essay by Lester del Rey
- 45 • Time Deer • (1974) • short story by Craig Strete
- 45 • Time Deer • interior artwork by Harting
- 51 • A Knight of Ghosts and Shadows (Part 2 of 2) • [Dominic Flandry] • serial by Poul Anderson
- 51 • A Knight of Ghosts and Shadows (Part 2 of 2) • interior artwork by Jack Gaughan
- 129 • Following Yonder Star • [(R)evolution] • essay by Richard C. Hoagland
- 141 • SF Calendar (If, November-December 1974) • essay by uncredited
- 142 • The Alien Viewpoint (If, November-December 1974) • [The Alien Viewpoint (If)] • essay by Richard E. Geis
- 150 • Gut in Peril • short story by Arsen Darnay
- 150 • Gut in Peril • interior artwork by Jack Gaughan
- 156 • Hue and Cry (If, November-December 1974) • [Hue and Cry] • essay by uncredited
|Contento1 (anth/coll)||Not Verified|
|Bleiler1 (Gernsback)||Not Verified|
|Bleiler Supernatural||Not Verified|
|Bleiler Early Years||Not Verified|