|This is an ISFDB Bibliographic Comments page for the author (or artist or editor) Alfred Bester. This page may be used for bibliographic comments or extended notes about the author, or discussion on how to the author's works are to be recorded . The link above leads to the ISFDB summary record for Alfred Bester. Please use Bio:Alfred Bester for a biographical sketch of this person. To discuss what should go on this page, use the talk page. For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.|
Internal consistency pass done. Ahasuerus 18:58, 21 Aug 2006 (CDT)
Been merging some duplicates, when came to 40430: Two stories "Disappearing Act" by Bester and Richard Matheson are treated as a collaboration of both, and their publication history is commingled! I suppose I could try the unmerge myself, but don't have the time to research the actual bibliography (alas, both were published in the same year and reprinted often in antologies, so it isn't easy to tell); so I'll leave this to somebody experienced who can spare the effort. (Note there is a separate entry for the story by each author, but only with 1-2 publications each.) --JVjr 09:24, 8 Mar 2007 (CST)
- I decided to deal with this by adding an empty title record for Richard Matheson and updating all three title records    to have a note explaining the issue. 13:34, 8 Mar 2007 (CST)
Looking at the author bibliography I notice some pecularities. Do these things need cleanup?
- Two title records for "Oddy and Id"
- Same phenomenon for "The Starcomber"
- Two title records for "My Affair with Science Fiction" that differ only in case
Herzbube 17:42, 22 Aug 2007 (CDT)
- It is typically easier to merge publication-less Titles with their counterparts since moderators tend to approve obvious Title record merges without a second thought. On the other hand, when you submit a Title deletion request, the approving moderator needs to pull up the author's bibliography and do additional research in order to be sure that we are not losing any data.
- As far as these stories go, they were all prime candidates for cleanup and I have merged all of them. Thanks! :) Ahasuerus 18:57, 22 Aug 2007 (CDT)