Usual ISBN Prefix 0099.
Historical full names and addresses
- 1963: Arrow Books Ltd is identified as an imprint of Hutchinson Group and was located at 178-202 Great Portland Street, London, W.1.
- 1972: Arrow Books Ltd is identified as an imprint of Hutchinson Group and was located at 3 Fitzroy Square, London W1.
- 1976: Arrow Books Ltd is identified as an imprint of Hutchinson Publishing Group and was located at 3 Fitzroy Square, London W1.
- 1979-1980: Arrow Books Limited is identified as an imprint of Hutchinson Publishing Group and was located at 3 Fitzroy Square, London W1P 6JD.
- 1984-1985: Arrow Books Limited is identified as a publisher and a division of Hutchinson Publishing Group and was located at 17-21 Conway Street, London W1P 6JD.
- 1989: Arrow Books Limited is identified as an imprint of Century Hutchinson Limited and was located at 62-65 Chandos Place, London WC2N 4NW.
- 1991: Legend Books, an imprint of Arrow Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 2SA. An imprint of the Random Century Group.
- 1996: Arrow Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 2SA
Arrow Books has been identified as both an imprint and a publisher that has been active from at least 1963 to 1996.
- Arrow cover logo from 1963. The stylised 'A' seems to be the origin of the spine logo.
- Arrow Books logo used in at least 1976. This is scanned from a title page. The same logo is used on the spine.
- Arrow Books logo used in at least 1996. The left is scanned from title page, the right one from the spine.
Arrow Science Fiction
Arrow Science Fiction is a publisher's series for Arrow Books and was used in at least 1976. In the referenced publication the name is only used on the front cover and was not branded with logos, etc. the way Venture SF is.
From 1985 to 1989 Hamlyn, later Arrow, introduced a sub-imprint "Venture SF" for a while, but kept the Hamlyn or Arrow logos on the spine. This could be regarded as a publisher series of sorts (or even a magazine, as there was one book per month planned). Series Editors were Rog Peyton and Rod Milner.
See Hamlyn's Venture SF for a detailed list
Arrow Books has used the following printing companies to manufacture its publications:
1. ^ The Jagged Orbit by John Brunner published 1979
2. ^ Counting the Cost by David Drake published 1989 .
3. ^ Solar Lottery by Philip K. Dick published 1972 .
4. ^ The Twilight Realm by Christopher Carpenter published 1985 .
5. ^ Star Rigger's Way by Jeffrey A. Carver published 1980 .
6. ^ Crystal Express Bruce Sterling, 1991
7. ^ The Quincunx of Time by James Blish published 1976
8. ^ Starhunt by David Gerrold published 1985
9. ^ Image Image:Purple-6_Title_Page.jpg from Purple-6 published 1963
10. ^ Memnoch the Devil Anne Rice, 1996
11. ^ Doctor Mirabilis James Blish, 1984
12. ^ The Lair of the White Worm