ISFDB Site Map
ISFDB login account specific pages
Other than Log In you will need to be logged into ISFDB as an editor or moderator to use the ISFDB features listed in this section.
Data Viewing Pages
- ISFDB Home - You can browse or search starting here
- Advanced Search
- Recent Edits
- Recent Verifications
- Author Directory
- Publisher Directory
- Top 100 Novels
- Forthcoming Books
Data Editing Tools
Author Editing Tools
To use these tools you need to be on an author's page and the links for the tools will be visible on the left navigation bar.
- Edit Author Data - Help:Screen:AuthorData - Used to update background information about an author such as their birth-date, wikipedia link, etc. To add a new novel for an author use New Novel and enter the author's name.
- Make This Author a Pseudonym - Help:Screen:MakePseudonym
- Titles - Help:Screen:Titles
- Dup Candidates - Help:How to merge titles
Series Editing Tools
From Author and Title pages you can click on a series name to view all of the titles in that series. There are two series specific editing tools available on the left navigation bar.
- Series Editor - Help:Screen:EditSeries - Used to change series names and define relationships between series and sub-series.
- Delete Series - Help:Screen:DeleteSeries - Used to delete empty series.
Title Editing Tools
To use these tools you need to be on a title page.
- User Rating - This is in the title's header section and is labeled with a Vote button.
- Popular Tags - This is in the title's header section and is labeled with a Add Tags button.
- Edit Title Data - Help:Screen:EditTitle
- Diff Publications - Used to show the differences in publication contents.
- Delete This Title - Help:Screen:DeleteTitle
- Make This Title a Variant Title or Pseudonymous Work - Help:Screen:MakeVariant
- Add Publication to This Title - Help:Screen:AddPublication
- Add a Variant Title or Pseudonymous Work to This Title - Help:Screen:AddVariant
- Unmerge Titles - Help:Screen:UnmergeTitles - Used to unlink publications from this title.
Publication Editing Tools
To use these tools you need to be on a publication page.
- Edit This Pub - Help:Screen:EditPub
- Clone This Pub - Help:Screen:ClonePub
- Remove Titles From This Pub - Help:Screen:RemoveTitles
- Delete This Pub - Help:Screen:DeletePub
- Verify This Pub - Help:Screen:Verify
ISFDB Moderator Tools
To use these pages you need to be logged into ISFDB using an account with moderator rights. Note that ISFDB moderators are also often active editors and their tallies are included in the editor lists in this section.
- New Submissions Queue Help:Screen:Moderator - Lists pending editor submissions.
- Recent Rejects - Lists editor submissions that were rejected.
- Recent Integrations - Lists editor submissions added to the database.
- Control Panel - Used to take ISFDB off line for backups.
- Bibliographic Reference Table Editor - Controls the list of verification sources visible at the bottom of a publication listing.
These pages may be viewed by anyone, logged in or not.
- Top Contributors - Lists all editors/moderators sorted by number of edits submitted.
- Top Moderators - Lists all moderators sorted by number of submissions approved.
- Top Verifiers - Lists all editors sorted by total number of verifications, also broken down by Primary and Secondary Verifications.