The TitleUpdate submission updates title information for a single specific title.
The submission contains one required tag:
- Record - Required tag. Specifies which title record to update.
The TitleUpdate submission also contains a number of optional tags. These tags should be used whenever an update is made to a particular field. If a particular field is unchanged, it should not be included in the submission. If a field value needs to be deleted, the tag should be included, but the value should be empty. The following section describes the tags are supported in the metadata section. You should refer to Help:Screen:EditTitle for more detailed information on data entry. The bold text in the description refers to specific labels found in the Help article:
- Title - The Title of the title.
- Authors - The Author list associated with the title. This XML tag will enclose:
- Author - There should be one Author entry for each individual who wrote or edited the title.
- BookAuthors - The Author list associated with the authors who's work appeared in this review. This XML tag will enclose:
- BookAuthor - There should be one Author entry for each individual who wrote the title being reviewed.
- Interviewees - The Author list associated with who was interviewed. This XML tag will enclose:
- Interviewee - There should be one Author entry for each individual who was interviewed.
- Year - The Date of publication.
- Series - The Series Name this title is associated with.
- Seriesnum - The Series Number of this title.
- Storylen - The Length of this title.
- Wikipedia - A URL to a Wikipedia Entry on this title.
- TitleType - The Entry Type of this title.
- Synopsis - The Synopsis of this title.
- Note - A Note associated with this title.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> <IsfdbSubmission> <TitleUpdate> <Record>11114</Record> <Submitter>DESiegel60</Submitter> <Subject>Breed to Come</Subject> <Year>1972-00-00</Year> </TitleUpdate> </IsfdbSubmission>