Bibliographic Projects in Progress
This page lists ongoing bibliographic cataloging and cleanup projects within ISFDB. (For archived projects see here).
- Project:Empty Series. List of empty series that need to be deleted.
- Project:Serial Cleanup. Currently used to re-point Serial VTs to parent (usually Novel) canonical titles.
- Project:Data Consistency. A portal to coordinate efforts to identify and repair data consistencies, including Stray Publications, malformed ISBNs, etc. Lots of sub-projects available.
- Project:Data Entropy. A place to quantify the state of our data's quality and its changes over time. BLongley updates some of it about monthly. Other measures welcome.
- ISFDB:Authors that only exist due to reviews. A place to find all those 'authors' with no titles explaining their existence. Might be a review of something we don't have, or of something we don't want. Or a good place to find simple typos.
- ISFDB:Verification_requests. For requests for verification of individual suspicious entries. Short bursts of activity.
- ISFDB:Data Consistency/Pseudonyms With Titles Titles by authors listed as Pseudonyms that are not variants of titles by canonical authors. We're getting there! Kill the final few problems. (Artists should probably be left alone a bit longer though.)
- Project:Repair Variants. A place to track and repair duplicate or mismatched Variant Titles. A lost project? Feel free to revive.
- Project:Repair Awards. A list of mismatched Award records that need to be repaired by hand. A lost project? Feel free to revive.
- Project:Repair Variants of themselves. A list of Variant titles that are the same name as the title they're a variant of.
- ISFDB:Missing_Editors. A slightly out-of-date list of magazines and Fanzines with Missing Editors. Please be careful.
- ISFDB:Non-SF Cleanup 2004 Titles in a group created by data import need to be reviewed to delete the non-genre works.
- ISFDB:Chapterbook cleanup Project subsumed by the following project.
- ISFDB:Chapterbooks with Missing Chapterbook Contents second list similar to previous list
- ISFDB:Stray Authors5 Publication authors that don't appear as title authors.
- ISFDB:Dup_Shortfiction Two shortfiction titles of the same name in the same magazine may indicate a mis-typed INTERIORART.
- ISFDB:Variant_Title_Type_Mismatches Variants that aren't the same type as their parent.
- ISFDB:Stray Coverart
- ISFDB:Stray Interiorart
- ISFDB:Stray Shortfiction
- ISFDB:Stray Essays
- ISFDB:Extra Authors - Titles with mismatched or more authors than the Pub.
- Fuzzy_duplicate_finder_on_all_Authors - Authors that are potential duplicates.
- Project:Integrate Other Bibliographies - Status of integrating data from other standard SF bibliographies.
- Project:Publisher Name Clean Up - Ensure that publishers names follow the standards of Publication Fields:Publisher
- ISFDB:DAW Collector
- ISFDB:Unlinked Reviews
Cleanup of selected authors' bibliographies
- Project:Nebula Grandmasters Cleanup.
- Project:Hugo and Nebula Cleanup.
- Project:Minor Award Cleanup.
- Top 300 Most-Viewed Authors - 2005 cleanup.
- Project:Recently Published Books Cleanup. Status of high priority authors.
- Project:Author Names Cleanup. Cleanup of bad/duplicate names, pseudonyms, etc.
Author project pages exist or can be created for every author in the ISFDB. For example Author:Robert A. Heinlein is a page at which editors who are interested in and knowledgeable about Heinlein can keep track of work that has been done on maintaining Heinlein-related data in the ISFDB. The organization of information on a project page is up to the project team members.
Currently active author projects
This section lists author biblio pages for authors where work on the bibliography is actively going.
Cleanup based on genre and series
- Project:Series Cleanup.
- Project:RPG Cleanup.
- Project:Comics Cleanup.
- Project:Non-SF Cleanup.
- Project:Non-SF Cleanup 2004.
As with authors, series project pages exist or can be created for every series in the ISFDB. For example, editors interested in the bibliography of Sheri Tepper's "True Game" books might document issues at Series:The_True_Game. Where a series spans multiple authors, as is the case with some shared world anthologies, such as Series:Thieves' World, the author project organization is not the most natural way to manage the data.
Computationally Intensive Scripts and Static Pages
Magazine projects also exist. Pages such as Magazine:Fantastic Universe Science Fiction provide an index to the individual magazine publications, but can also be used to keep track of the bibliographic verification work that has been done on those magazines.
- Adding Editor Records - I am currently working on adding Editor records to Magazines and at the same time creating Editor series. My list is from SQL I applied the August backup. I am doing about 10 to 15 records a day.--swfritter 14:11, 17 Oct 2007 (CDT)
- Publication Series - a page created to provide links to the various lists of publication series scattered throughout the Wiki. There's also a listing of series for which lists have yet to be created. If you have spare time, please feel free to choose one as a personal project. MHHutchins 04:47, 3 March 2009 (UTC)