| This page is a help or manual page for the ISFDB database. It describes standards or methods for entering or maintaining data in the ISFDB database, or otherwise working with the database. Other help pages may be found via the category below. To discuss what should go on this page, use the talk page.
If, after exploring the Help system, you still have a question, please visit the Help desk and let us know. We probably know the answer, but we need your help to know what we left out of the help pages.
If you are new to editing the ISFDB, please see Help:Getting Started.
For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.
The following is a list of the main screens in the ISFDB, with a link to detailed help and explanations for each one. The list is sorted by alphabetical order of the link used to reach the screen. The link name used to reach the screen is given, followed by the title of the screen displayed.
- Add Publication to This Title - Publication Editor. Enters a publication and automatically merges it with a given title.
- Add a Variant Title or Pseudonymous Work to This Title - Add Variant Title. Allows a search for ISFDB content on multiple parameters.
- Add tags - Tag Editor. Adds free text tags to titles.
- Advanced Search - ISFDB Advanced Search. Allows a search for ISFDB content on multiple parameters.
- Alphabetical - (Author Name) - Bibliography (Alphabetical). Displays a bibliography of all works for a given author, sorted by type of work and then alphabetically within each group.
- Author Data - Author Editor. Edits information about an author.
- Award by Year - (Year Award). Displays a list of all nominees and winners for a given awards in a given year.
- Awards - (Author Name) - Award Bibliography. Displays a list of awards for a given author.
- Chronological - (Author Name) - Bibliography (Chronological). Displays a bibliography of all works for a given author, sorted by type of work and then chronologically within each group.
- Clone this Pub - Publication Editor. Creates a new publication that is very similar to an existing publication.
- Create a Userid - Create an account or log in. Create a new user id for both the ISFDB and the ISFDB Wiki.
- Delete this Pub - Deletes an existing publication.
- Delete this Title - Deletes an existing title.
- Delete Series - Deletes an existing empty series.
- Directory - ISFDB Author Directory. An alphabetized directory of author names, with links to their bibliographies.
- Edit Series - Series Editor. Allows the modification of series records and the creation of nested series.
- Edit this Pub - Publication Editor. Edits an existing publication, including the content records.
- Edit Title Data - Title Editor. Edits an existing title.
- Export Content - Copy content from one publication to another by exporting it.
- Import Content - Copy content from one publication to another by importing it.
- Link Review - Link a review to the title record of the work being reviewed.
- Log In - Login. Allows a user to log in to the ISFDB.
- Log Out - Logout. Logs a user out of the ISFDB.
- Make this Title a Variant Title or Pseudonymous Work - Make Variant Title. Allows a given title to be marked as a variant of another title, or as having been published under a pseudonym.
- Make This Author a Pseudonym.
- Merging Authors - Use with care, usually used to deal with orphan author records.
- Merging Titles - Usually used to deal with duplicate titles.
- Moderator - New Submissions. Displays current list of submissions.
- My Pending Edits - My Pending Edits. Displays currently pending edits by the logged in user.
- My Recent Edits - My Recent Edits. Displays recent edits by the logged in user.
- My Recent Verifications - My Recent Verifications. Displays recent verifications by the logged in user.
- New Anthology - New Anthology. Creates a new publication of type "anthology"
- New Award - New Award. Adds a new award to a title.
- New Chapterbook - New Chapterbook. Creates a new publication of type "chapterbook".
- New Collection - New Collection. Creates a new publication of type "collection".
- New Magazine - New Magazine. Creates a new publication of type "magazine".
- New Nonfiction - New Nonfiction. Creates a new publication of type "nonfiction".
- New Novel - New Novel. Creates a new publication of type "novel".
- New Omnibus - New Omnibus. Creates a new publication of type "omnibus".
- Publication - Publication Listing. Displays information about a specific publication, and lists the contents.
- PublicationSeries - The publication series display, listing info for a publication series.
- Publishers - ISFDB - Publisher Catalogs / Print Series. Displays links to several publisher specific lists.
- Recent Edits - Recent Edits. Displays recent edits, by all users.
- Recent Verifications - Recent Verifications. Displays recent verifications, by all users.
- Remove Titles from this Pub - Removal Editor. Allows the deletion of content records from a publication.
- Series Bibliography - <Series> - Series Bibliography. Displays a bibliography of titles in a series.
- Statistics - ISFDB Statistics. Displays some information about the number of records in the ISFDB.
- Summary Bibliography - Displays a Summary Bibliography page for a given author.
- Title - Displays bibliographic information for a given title, including a list of all publications of that title.
- Show All Titles - Displays all titles for a given author, and permits title merges.
- Unmerge Titles - Unmerge Titles. Allows a title in multiple publications to be split into multiple titles.
- Verify this Pub - Verify Publication. Allows verification of an existing publication, against various sources.