What's New from 2007
What's New - 21 January 2007
- Updated the Hugo and Nebula awards.
- Exceeded 185,000 titles.
- Addressed the following bugs: 20087.
What's New - 13 January 2007
- Rudimentary award editing tools are now online (for select individuals only), and we're now starting to catch up on missing awards from the last 2 years.
- Addressed the following bugs: 10061, 10067, 10068, 10074, 10075, 10076, 10077, 10078, 10079, 10080, 10081, 10082, 20081.
What's New - 1 January 2007
- 2006 Summary: 2006 was almost certainly the most active year for the ISFDB since its early days in 1995/1996:
- The most obvious change to the ISFDB in 2006 was the ability for the public to perform edits. About 29,000 edits have been integrated since April. Thanks to Ahasuerus, Grendelkhan, Mike Christie, and Marc Kupper for most of those edits, as well as a ton of feedback on the editing system.
- The wiki changed from a skeletal structure for holding the old ISFDB static HTML pages to a central facility for recording bibliographic notes, extensive help pages, bugs, magazine information, as well as requirements and design data. Thanks to the moderators for the ton of work poured into the wiki.
- Numerous bugs were fixed and lots of new features were suggested and implemented.
- We started to get public edits in the last week of the year, and we're already getting magazine and book information which has not been indexed elsewhere.
- In 2007 we expect to ramp up the number of moderators and people making edits, and we'll add more community-related features.
- Addressed the following bugs: 10069, 10070, 10072, 20004, 20010, 20011, 20015, 20019, 20020, 20021, 20026, 20029, 20035, 20036, 20047, 20059, 20061, 20062, 20064, 20065, 20066, 20067. 20070.
- Addressed the following features: 90068, 90077
- Updated the download pages with the latest source and database files.